Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My English Class

It's fitting that this class is at the end of the day - seventh period. I love to laugh, and this class has me leaving school every day with a smile on my face that could stretch for miles. It does help that English is one, if not my favorite subject, but the people in this class really make it what it is.

There is truly a wide variety of teenagers that come to room 119 every day at seventh period. We range from the Family Guy watching, video game playing, and anything computers guys, to the theater kids, to the "shy" only around certain people kids, but the funny thing is we all mold together. The classroom would not be complete if anyone was missing from the picture. The teachers label us "Honors kids", and indeed we are, but we are also just young souls being who we really are - unique.

In this class it is a challenge to stay on topic because of all the funny quips from the guys in the class. They always seem to have a great line at the tip of their tongues, waiting for just the right moment. And when that moment is right, the whole class bursts out in laughter that can be heard from several classrooms away.

Storytelling is something that is also commonly done in my English class. It all starts usually with our teacher, I'll call her Ms. S., she loves to tell us about her experiences with things that we go through as teenagers. And eventually it causes a snowball effect, the whole class piles on story after story, each hoping to top the one just told. The snowball effect also doesn't just happen with stories, it always happens with the amount of laughter in the room too.

Ms. S. is probably the most relatable teacher that I've ever had. She is young and closer to our age, so she knows exactly how to run a classroom of sometimes stubborn teens. Our multiple personalities are just part of the package. You see we come as a deal, all of us or none at all. We are like a crayon box; even though some of the colors are vastly different from others in the box, they are still grouped together without question. If one of those crayons happens to go missing, then it's not a complete box, it's completely different.

As you can see I'm trying my best to describe this class on paper, or rather on a computer screen, but the fact of the matter is that I really can't do it justice. The people in my class have so many characteristics and qualities about them that it's really quite difficult to put them in print. All I can say for now is that next year I'm going to miss this class, not because of the assignments, and not because it was tenth grade, but because of the people who made Honors English 10, with Ms. S. so great.

That is all

-"M"

No comments:

Post a Comment