Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Time

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I love snow, as you already have found out, and the ultimate gift was given on Christmas, better than any sweater or new cd, Jesus Christ was born. It is because of Him all of this is possible. Plus it's a time when you get to see all of your relatives, which for the most part is a great thing.

Christmas was at my house this year. Usually we travel to my aunts house and have it there, but not this year. Fitting thirteen people into a small house with a one-year-old Cocker spaniel is not as easy as it may seem. One thing about my dog, is that she pees. Yeah, I know it's normall, but it's really not when she does it whenever she gets excited over new people coming into the house. It always happens, no matter what, and it can be a little irritating. Besides that everything went according to plan - the food, the decorations, compliments on gifts. My aunt, who loves having a neice, because her only child is a boy, always wants to see what I received for Christmas. So I showed her everything; all the sweaters, perfume, dvd's, all of those things. My parents went completely crazy this year and bought a surplus of everthing. I wanted a few sweaters, to prepare for the upcoming snow storms, and I received about six. There wasn't much left on my list that I didn't get.

And now, what we in Western Massachusetts have been waiting for, the snow storms! So much snow has accumulated overnight and into this morning, the people on the news stations are calling it The Blizzard of 2010. I think they said at one point that we were getting hit with snow at a rate of three inches per hour - and that was last night. Today the snow has piled up, even on the windows, so that there is a layer of snow halfway up on the pane. Right now it's about nine thirty in the morning(yes I know, why am I up so early during vacation?) and the snow is still continuing to fall. I was going to take my dog for a walk, but until after it stops snowing, if it stops snowing, I'm going to stay secure and toasty in my house.

This snow is amazing, it seems like it has no end. It just keeps floating down from the sky, and who knows when it will stop? I hope it doesn't stop, mostly because I love it, and partly because I have to get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I've heard a lot of horror stories about wisdom teeth, but I try not to think about them, because everyones experience with them is different right? Well I'll find out tomorrow. All I know is I'm going to be completely knocked out for the whole experience, which is probably going to save me from most of the pain. I'll post more tomorrow, afterall I won't be able to talk, so why not write about it?

That is all

-"M"

No comments:

Post a Comment