Friday, December 3, 2010

Well I Never Thought I'd Be Getting An X-Ray On This Fine Friday

Gym class. It's gym glass. Why get so competitive, when you're not getting paid for it and you're not actually on the school's team? I had gym today, and the lovely sport we are playing this quarter is something called Broom Ball. Don't mind my tone, I actually like playing this sport a lot, but from my experience today, things have changed a little.

It was third period and we were all ready to play this intense game. This game can get so intense, it is the only game in gym class that you are required to wear shin pads at all times. Caught without those shin pads and you have to sit out the entire class. Broom Ball is similar to hockey, the only difference being that instead of a puc they use a small deflated looking soccer ball thing, and instead of a hockey stick with the curved piece of plastic on the end, there is a hard rubber part that is not curved. Most kids in my gym class get super competitive, to the point where they get mad because the other team scored a point on their team that was already winning five to zip. And of course they are the ones that hog the ball all time, and hardly, if ever pass the ball to others. Anyway, the game started and things were going fine, and before I knew it my team was winning four to zero. I find myself getting better and more agressive at this game every class. It was time for a face off because our team had scored and it was my turn to play offence(forward). And then it happened. I'm not sure how, but it did. I felt a sharp pang go through my right thumb and that hand. I immediatley stopped and realized I couldn't move my thumb. So I went off to the side and got an ice pack from our coach, and even the pressure from the ice pack made it hurt worse. So I went to the nurse.

The nurse's office is a place, I'm glad to say, I don't visit much. The office itself is fine and our school nurse is nice, but I hate it when there are sick people around me; the ones who cough and sound like a cat hacking up a hairball. Yuck. So I told our nurse the whole story. She called my mom, and long story short, my mom made an appointment for the doctors, and I left school early. But I did complete two out of the three tests I had to take today, using my pointer finger and index finger. It hurt though, when I wrote, so my letters and numbers looked like a four-year-old's drawing from daycare.

My dad and I went to the doctors and waited in that waiting room for a little over a half hour before I was called. Again I told the docotor the story, and here I am again telling it to you. Then she pressed on my thumb and asked if it hurt. Well yeah, it did hurt, a lot. So she sent me down to X-Ray, with a thumb that probably was hurt even more. I got an X-Ray, waited in the waiting room for another good twenty minutes only to find out nothing was wrong with my hand, or thumb. So I am typing this now with an ace bandage around my hand, that's it. I thought I would have more to show for it, but that's it. Maybe I'll get a bruise or something. Yeah, I actually would like a memory from this. How am I typing your asking yourself? Well according to my parents and the doctor I have a very high tolerance for pain, so this is actually working out, until in about five minutes my hand will start throbbing and swell. But until then I will continue to type.

It's safe to say I wasn't expecting this at all today. I thought it was going to be normal, but turned out to be anything besides that. Well I am going to stop typing now, for the sake of my thumb.

That is all

P.S. 21 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

-"M"

No comments:

Post a Comment