Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Teacher's that probably should retire

It's not their fault, it really isn't. They have been teaching longer than most of us have been alive. So when their eyesight goes, they can't remember something you just said to them, and they don't recognize you after Christmas vacation, remember that they have taught many a students. So give them some slack!

Today two of my teachers Mr. History, and Professoressa (my Italian teacher) are like the teacher I described above. Mr. History is in his sixties and I think Professoressa is as well. They both have glasses and have taught for many years. Most of the time when we teenagers talk too fast they get confused or ask us to repeat something or only catch part of what we said. This happened today in both History and Italian class. It first started off with Italian. When I walked into the class I heard Professoressa say "It's a miracle!!" Wondering what the miracle was I questioned her. She was very excited that a student made the arrow on her laptop bigger so she was now able to see it on the screen. What a miracle. Next we were spelling out new vocabulary. Let's call him Elementary, for he went to elementary school with me. Anyway Elementary guessed the first letter of a challenging word he said "C!" Professoressa replied, "What is it? D?" Elementary said "No C!" Professoressa, "T? That's not the right answer!" It's OK Elementary we know you got the right answer. She is a lovely teacher, but has lost her eyesight and now hearing.

Next period was history. There are many interesting things that go on in this class. While talking about the American Industrial Revolution, we talked about how Nathaniel Hawthorne while observing nature heard a locomotive engine. Sound affects and all Mr. History pretended to be a locomotive for about five seconds. He said "I guess I don't make a good impression of a train because you smirked." I guess not.

I also learned how to say not the most polite thing, shut up, in Italian today.

Chuidi la bocca!!

That is all

-"M"

No comments:

Post a Comment